Mindful Moments In The Classroom
ELMHURST July 9, 11, 13
Learn to create an environment based on Mindfulness Practices for students of all ages. Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment.
DURING THE WORKSHOP
- Experience a variety of personal mindfulness practices and reflection.
- Explore application of mindfulness practices to students of different ages and needs
- Practice leading a mindfulness lesson.
- Develop a mindfulness lesson.
- Plan a 4 week sequence of mindfulness practices best suited to the teacher’s own classroom.
LOCATION and DATE
ELMHURST Session 2: July 9, 11, 13 (M/W/ F) 8:30 am - 1:00 pm Team Clock Institute
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Molly Nechvatal is a National Board Certified Teacher of gifted middle school English. Ms. Nechvatal is also a 200 hour Yoga Certified Teacher and Meditation Teacher. By combining the mindfulness aspects of her yoga training with Illinois’ Social-Emotional Learning Standards, Ms. Nechvatal will teach participants why a mindful environment is critical to all students, especially in our current culture and how to authentically create your own classroom mindfulness. She will also share a series of weekly Mindfulness lessons that can be used with students of all ages. She brings over 20 years of experience as a teacher, IAGC member, parent, yogini and meditator.
Register for graduate credit HERE.